Kazakhstan as a migration hub of Eurasia: the contribution of migration to sustainable development
On the 16th of October 2018 faculty of International Relations of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, in cooperation with the Institute of Socio-Political Research of the Russian Academy of Sciences, as well as the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO University) Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation is organizing an International Scientific and Practical Conference "Kazakhstan as a migration hub of Eurasia: the contribution of migration to sustainable development"within the framework of the project "Migratory Bridges in Eurasia"https://mgimo.ru/about/news/conferences/10-letie-proekta-migratsionnye-mosty-v-evrazii/.
The purpose of this conference is to strengthen the multilateral dialogue on migration and cooperation in the Eurasian space, assess the role of Kazakhstan and its partners in the formation of a sustainable system for regulating migration processes.
Representatives of the expert, scientific and business community, representatives of diplomatic missions, public and international organizations accredited in the Republic of Kazakhstan, representatives of state structures and mass media are invited to participate in the conference.
The main directions of the conference:
- Migration processes in Eurasia and the role of Kazakhstan: trends, dynamics, forecasts;
- Migration and sustainable development in the Eurasian space: the experience of Kazakhstan, Russia and partner countries;
- Models of migration management in the context of integration into the EEU and development of international cooperation in the field of migration;
- Educational migration in the Eurasian space and the development of human capital in the context of globalization;
- Peculiarities of regulation of labor markets of the EEU member countries and remittances of migrants;
- Migration interaction between Russia and Kazakhstan with China and countries of South-East Asia: problems and prospects;
- Trends and measures to combat illegal migration in Eurasia.
Conference languages: English, Russian, Kazakh.
Location: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Applications for participation in the conference are accepted until September 23, 2018, to e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Marina N. Khramovawith an obligatory copy to e-mail email@example.com Leila F. Delovarova.
Participants of the conference will be given certificates.