The biological museum was established in 1936, at the beginning as the zoological museum under the Department of Zoology, Department of Biology, and then in 1949 it was reorganized into the biological department of the museum. In 1984 a real museum of university was opened. The museum consists of a large hall, in which there are 3 sections and 84 built-in windows. The museum fund consists of theriological, ornithological and entomological departments. In the big hall of the museum the exposition of Turan tiger is presented (Panthera tigris vigrata Illiger, 1815.) - a King of tugay forests in Kazakhstan and Central Asia. This is the only remaining copy of the stuffed animal, which is of great scientific value and the pride of not only the university, but also the entire of Kazakhstan.