Ph.D Degree in Automation and control
Name: Automation and control
To provide students with theoretical knowledge and practical skills allowing to identify actual problems, set tasks to address them, plane a research for decision modern scientific problems of design and implementation Automation and Control systems in various areas of human activity and to have skills of scientific and pedagogical work on training of specialists on Automation and Control.
|Basic Professional Modules: Required Core Modules:
State Compulsory Module
|Theory, methods and tools of system analysis
Core Professional Modules
- Computational methods for Industrial automation systems research
- Experiments design Methodologies for Industrial automation systems research
- Data mining technologies in Industrial automation systems
- Distributed Computing in Industrial automation systems
- Project management of Industrial automation systems
Track 1: Control theory and Control Engineering
|Module 1. Optimal Control
Module 2. Control methods and tools
- Extreme tasks of control
- Optimal control of dynamic systems
Module 3. Algorithms Complexity
- Design of tasks with fuzzy control
- Methods and tools of analysis of technological processes
- Development of algorithms and their complexity
- Optimization of building algorithms and data structures
Track 2: Automation Engineering
|Module 1. Design and Modeling of automation systems
Module 2. Control Systems applications
- Automation objects modeling technologies
- Modern methods of automatic control systems design
Module 3. Control of Complex Systems
- Mobile applications of process control systems
- Modern technical equipment in control system
- Automated control systems on microcontrollers
- Control of Complex Systems
Track 3: Real-time database
Module 1. Real-time Systems
Module 2. Data mining
- Real-time Systems
- Methods of real-time database
Module 3. Parallel and Distributed Database
- Big Data and Visual Analytics
- Data mining in Industrial automation systems
- Parallel and Distributed Database Systems and Applications
- Industrial Automation and Control
Track 4: Artificial intelligence
|Module 1. Methods of Intellectual Systems
Module 2. Artificial Intelligence application
- Rule-based expert systems
- Models and methods of intellectual systems
Module 3. Machine Learning and Stream Distribution
- Artificial intelligence applications
- Application branch of intellectual systems
- Text mining and machine learning
- Stream distribution in engineering networks
Track 5: Industrial and control systems information security
|Module 1. Information technologies in control
Module 2. Systems and Network Security
- Information technologies in control
- Software systems analysis and design
Module 3. Security Management
- Models and methods of Industrial automation systems information security
- Industrial Network security
- Information security management
- Fault Detection, Isolation and Modeling
||Graduates of this doctorate program are expected to build their career on research & development of Automation and Control systems in various sectors. They can work either in private or public companies in the field of Automation or they can continue to their career in academia.
||The graduates of this program can apply to postdoctoral programs in accordance with their areas of specialty.
|Program learning outcomes
The graduate can will be able to:
- reach knowledge in-depth and broadly for scientific research in engineering area and be able to evaluate, interpret and apply this knowledge.
- scientific and pedagogical work in the highest and average special educational institutions of various forms of ownership;
- knowledge of modern methods of research activity in the field of automation and production management with use of information and communication technologies;
- knowledge of modern means of preparation the traditional and electronic scientific publications and presentations for optimization of educational process;
- knowledge of technology of use of scientific and reference books;
- communicate with local and international professors in research related fields;
- demonstrate superior oral and written communication skills relevant to automation and control;
- lead and think strategically;
- provide innovative and creative solutions to everyday automation and control problems
- solve complicated problems independently by improving abilities on analysis, synthesis and criticism.
- improvement of knowledge of a foreign language for use in scientific and professional activity;
- ability competently to set the task of automation and management of technological production;
- ability to prepare, organize and conduct scientific experiments;
- ability to carry out statistical processing of researches results;
- ability to construct model of concrete technological process and to conduct its research;
- ability to apply modern methods and tools of the automated analysis and systematization of scientific data in the field of automation and control;
- ability to carry out different types of the analysis of scientific activity with use of information technologies for optimization of work of research collective;
- ability to choose effective information and communication technologies for use in educational process;
- ability as a part of group of performers to performance of theoretical, experimental, computing studies on scientific and technical justification of innovative technologies in the sphere of automation of production;
- design and implement analytical, model-based and experimental research; be able to analyze and interpret complex situations encountered in the process.
- combine the information from different areas with his/her own area and develop solution methods for different areas by taking part in multi-disciplinary teams.
- having proficiency in preserving social, scientific and ethical values in all academic and professional activities.
- having awareness of new and emerging applications about the profession; be able to examine and learn them in case of necessity.
- be able to construct scientific problems with novel and original ideas and methods, and be able to solve these problems using conventional methods or developing innovative methods.
- be able to have continuous self-improvement by tracking scientific developments.